Every year, the University of Michigan welcomes hundreds of international scholars on a J-1 visa. Once a U-M faculty member has invited a scholar for the J-1 Exchange Visitor Program, the process begins. The SSC J-1 Visa team provides coordination services that include processing new requests, returning J-1 scholars, transfers, and those seeking an amendment or extension for their program.

Note: If the scholar is coming to or extending their time at the Medical School, please submit your request to Medical School Immigration Support and Compliance (MSISC), which you do by submitting the intake form on this page: https://faculty.medicine.umich.edu/office-facul...

The SSC does not process visa requests for the Medical School.

Below you will find eForms to submit for J-1 Visa team requests.

For general inquiries, click on "Ask Us" to submit your question and an associate will respond to you.

Categories (2)

Ask Us

Have an inquiry but not sure where to submit it? You can fill out our general form here.