Activate Uniqname for Transcript or Other U-M Service




I attended U-M in the past, but my uniqname is not active and I need a uniqname to get a transcript (or other U-M Service that require a uniqname login).


To be eligible for a uniqname, you need to have the U-M alumni/ae status added to your record. 

  1. Check if you are eligible for an alumni/ae status. To be eligible, you will need to meet the following requirements:
  • Have taken at least 12 credits from a degree granting program
  • Completed at least one semester of a degree granting program

Note: If you are not sure if you qualify for an alumni/ae status, go to step 2 

  1. Contact the Gifts and Records Administration office and let them know you need assistance with getting an alumni/ae status added to your account:
  2. Once an alumni/ae status has been added to your account by Gifts and Records Administration, it will take 24 hours for the system to update. After 24 hours has passed, contact the Service Center again and visit prompt 1
  3. Once you are connected with a Service Center agent, let them know that you had an alumni/ae status added to your account and that you need to get your uniqname reactivated. ITS will be able to assist with activating the account and resetting the account password

Additional Information

Need additional information or assistance? Contact the ITS Service Center.


Article ID: 5831
Fri 6/18/21 11:35 AM
Tue 5/30/23 1:25 PM