Change Department Manager Alternate Workflow Approver




A new or temporary Department Manager needs to be named. How can this be done? 


For temporary changes, an alternate workflow approver is designated for an individual Department Manager - not for a Dept ID - for a specific time period. This can be done in M-Pathways.

M-Pathways (preferred method)

In the M-Pathways Financials & Physical Resources system, navigate to Set up Financials/Supply Chain > Approval Profile > Approval Profile, and make the appropriate changes.

Emergency Change

  • If there is an emergency and the Department Manager cannot prepare for their absence, please contact the Shared Services Center (SSC) at 615-2000 to handle re-assignments of transactions currently in workflow

Permanently Change

  • If the Department Manager needs to be changed permanently, download and complete the Department form, available on the Shared Services Center website at:
    • Or navigate to > Accounting Services tab > Chartfield Requests > Department > Department Request link
  • If you have questions or need assistance completing this request, call the Shared Services Center at (734) 615-2000
  • Once Financial Operations receives the form, the information is updated in Wolverine Access. This information is refreshed for the Data Warehouse on a weekly schedule, following the Financial schedule

Additional Information

Need additional information or assistance? Contact the ITS Service Center.


Article ID: 1270
Thu 5/7/20 2:57 PM
Thu 3/2/23 3:16 PM