Change a Grade from Incomplete "I" to a Letter Grade


Faculty Business, Student Administration


Updating a student's grade from Incomplete to a letter, for those authorized to do so


To change a grade from "I" for Incomplete to a letter grade (A, A-, B, B+, etc.), you enter the new grade as "I" plus the letter grade.

For example, to change from "I" to an "A+", you will need to enter "IA+" as the new grade.


More information can be found on this document:



Additional Information

The "I" along with the final grade will remain on the student's record and cannot be removed.  The exception would be if the original incomplete grade was issued by the instructor in error, in which case the student must petition their school/college to have their grade corrected.


Article ID: 188
Mon 4/20/20 8:07 AM