What is CAEN access? How is it different from my ITS account?

All students, faculty, and staff of the University of Michigan are eligible for a centralized computing account provided by Information and Technology Services (ITS). This is the primary computing account for the University community, and it provides a set of Standard Computing Services for access to campus-wide IT resources. Further information about these computing accounts can be found on the ITS web site.

College of Engineering computing access (often referred to as CAEN Access) is separate from the ITS account, and is only available to eligible members of the College of Engineering. It provides access to computer lab services intended to address the academic needs of the College of Engineering community.

Print Article


Article ID: 5009
Mon 5/3/21 1:33 PM
Wed 5/25/22 7:27 AM