Requesting LSA Research Storage



Request an LSA Research Storage allocation.


Windows, Mac, or Linux


You have a choice of Turbo Research Storage (NFS, CIFS, or multiprotocol) or Locker Large-File Storage (NFS or CIFS). If you don’t know whether you need CIFS or NFS, we can help you figure it out. If you need to archive data for long periods of time you should choose Data Den Research Archive storage. This is a tape storage system meant for long term data storage. If you are storing sensitive data types, please check the Sensitive Data Guide for more information.

When you put in your request, let us know as much as you can about what your storage needs are. Here are some examples:

  • Will you be using the HPC or storage resources provided by ARC, such as the Great Lakes cluster
  • Do you work exclusively in a Windows environment, or will you need your storage to be available on Mac or Linux machines?
  • How much storage (in 1-TB increments) will you need to get started?

LSA Technology Services will respond to your ticket and help work out the details to provision the best storage for your research needs.




Article ID: 1701
Wed 5/27/20 10:01 AM
Fri 3/1/24 8:16 AM