Move a Domain Name From an External Domain Registrar to the University's Domain Registrar


University of Michigan, including Ann Arbor, Flint, Dearborn and Michigan Medicine campuses for active faculty, staff (including temporary employees), and students.


I purchased a domain name for my website from an external provider (such as GoDaddy or NameCheap) and I now want to move the domain registration and DNS from the external provider to ITS so that ITS is able to manage the DNS for my website for me.


Moving an externally registered domain allows ITS to take over renewing the domain so it does not get bought by someone else. It also simplifies the process when you need to upgrade your website. 

To move your website's domain to the university, fill out the External Domain Name Registration form

Additional Information

Need additional information or assistance? Contact the ITS Service Center.


Article ID: 8009
Tue 5/3/22 10:21 AM
Tue 5/2/23 4:19 PM