In-Person On-campus Education


I am interested in studying courses online and/or remotely. What will be the instruction mode for classes in the upcoming term?

U-M has returned to an in-person on-campus residential educational experience.

For complete course descriptions, prerequisites, instruction mode (i.e. online or in-person), and other information, you may consult departmental websites, announcements, bulletins, and various publications distributed throughout the year. For example, you may search the LSA Course Guide for classes that are taught in the College of Literature, Science, and the Arts and that have an "online' instruction mode.

A schedule of all classes for the University of Michigan is available on the Office of the Registrar website. Course descriptions, prerequisites, and when the course is typically offered can be found via the Wolverine Access Classes/Courses Search. Search by instruction mode of "distance" to find courses that are online.

International students on a F-1 or J-1 visa are required to enroll full-time and to have a minimum number of in-person or hybrid courses that require physical attendance. F-1/J-1 students cannot count more than three online credits towards their full-time enrollment requirement. The minimum number of credit hours requiring physical attendance are: nine credits for undergraduate students, five credits for graduate students, and three credits for graduate student assistants (GSIs/GSRAs).



Article ID: 7873
Wed 4/20/22 4:52 PM
Tue 3/5/24 3:53 PM