Change of School or College for Current U-M Students

If I am already a student at the University of Michigan, can I transfer to a different school or college within the university?

Any current or former U-M student (including U-M alums) who wishes to transfer from one school or college on the Ann Arbor campus to another may do so by completing our Cross-campus Transfer Application. We recommend that you contact the academic advising center of the school or college into which you wish to be admitted and speak with an advisor for more information.

Newly admitted first-year or transfer students are expected to remain in their selected current school or college for a minimum of one year before being eligible to submit a Cross-campus Transfer Application.

Was this helpful?
0 reviews
Print Article


Article ID: 7976
Wed 4/27/22 9:52 AM
Mon 7/22/24 1:57 PM