Dual U-M Enrollment Application for High School Students

I'm currently in high school, and I want to take classes at U-M as well. Is this possible?

High school students who wish to dual enroll in classes at the University of Michigan may do so if all requirements are met and space is available, including:

  • Exhausted all available courses in an academic discipline (i.e. sciences vs. the subject areas of chemistry, biology, physics, etc.)
  • Received scores of 4 or 5 on the Advanced Placement Examinations in the academic subject area
  • Maintained a similar academic profile to students who enroll in the LSA Honors program (median ranges for new SAT (1440-1540) critical reading and math section sub scores (excludes the writing section), ACT (32-34), and GPA (3.8-4.0 on a 4.0 scale)

The applicant completes a Dual Enrollment Application for courses offered in the College of Literature, Science, and the Arts (LSA) for fall/winter terms only. The following documents must be submitted with the Dual Enrollment Application:

  • Completion of Part II of the Dual Enrollment Application by a high school counselor or principal stating that you have exhausted all available courses in the academic discipline and supporting your desire to enroll at U-M
  • Parent/guardian completion and signature (Question #23 on the application) granting permission for the student to leave the high school campus to attend classes at U-M
  • An official high school transcript showing grades through the semester prior to term of requested enrollment
  • SAT and/or ACT scores sent directly from the testing agency
  • A copy of AP test score results

All applications will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis. Students who are offered admission will not be able to register for classes until the first day of class.

Was this helpful?
0 reviews
Print Article


Article ID: 7786
Wed 4/13/22 11:40 AM
Fri 12/8/23 4:28 PM