Minors Offered at U-M

Does U-M offer minors?

The College of Literature, Science, and the Arts (LSA) allows students in all undergraduate schools and colleges the option of electing one or more minors; visit the LSA Majors and Minors webpage to view the minors available. Electing to earn a minor is optional, and there is no limit on the number of minors a student may elect. A minor requires no fewer than 15 credits of coursework, must show structure and coherence, and contains some upper-level courses. At least nine out of the 15 credits must be taken in residence. Students who declare and complete an approved minor will receive a notation on their student transcript but not on their diploma. Other policies can be found on the LSA Requirements for Minors webpage.

Additional minors are offered for students in the College of Engineering and the School of Music, Theatre & Dance.

Students admitted to our other schools and colleges do not routinely declare a minor.

Was this helpful?
0 reviews


Article ID: 7607
Thu 3/31/22 2:26 PM
Thu 2/1/24 1:36 PM