Updating Contact Information and/or Social Security Number

How do I update my contact information and/or my social security number?


Please allow our office 48 hours after you submit your application before you request an update.

Contact information: If you need to update your contact information including email address, mailing or permanent address, or phone number, go to Enrollment Connect and choose the Application menu. Next select the button that reads Verify Application Answers, which will show what you have on file with us. If it's incorrect, please click on "Request to Update Personal Information."

Social Security number: If you did not initially provide your Social Security Number (SSN) on your application for admission, but now need to submit it to match your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and CSS Profile records with your university record, you may securely submit your SSN using the Social Security Number Collection Form, which can be accessed by selecting Submit Your SSN from the Messages menu in Enrollment Connect.

If you submitted an application with an incorrect social security number listed and have not yet paid an enrollment deposit, please fax a copy of your social security card to the Office of Undergraduate Admissions with an explanation and request to have your application information updated. Upon receipt of the proper documentation, we will correct the number. Our fax number is 734-936-0740.


Current Students or Admitted Students Who Recently Registered for Classes

Contact information: It is your responsibility to maintain accurate address information via Student Business > Campus Personal Information on Wolverine Access; the Office of Undergraduate Admissions will not be able to update your contact information.

Social Security number: ​​​If you wish to submit your Social Security Number (SSN) for employment purposes or to correct an error in your name or social security number, you may upload a personal data form and a copy of your social security card or a recent W-2 Form into Wolverine Access via the Student Center - Document Upload (Wolverine Services).

You may also visit Wolverine Services in-person with your picture ID and your social security card or W-2 Form, and fill out a Change Request form.

If you are unable to submit your SSN online or in-person, you may fax or mail a signed letter requesting the change along with a photocopy of your social security card or W-2 Form. Please include your U-M ID number and current contact information.

Wolverine Services
2200 Student Activities Building
515 E. Jefferson St.
Ann Arbor, MI 48109-1316
Fax: 734-763-9053

Was this helpful?
0 reviews


Article ID: 7540
Mon 3/21/22 9:29 AM
Tue 11/8/22 10:42 AM