Method to Submit Application Materials (Transcripts, Recommendations, Test Scores, etc.)

How and where should I have my application materials sent?

Test Scores

You may initially self-report your tests scores on the application or by going to Enrollment Connect and clicking on the "Report New Test Scores" button under the "Application" section. However, if you self-report scores and are later granted admission and enroll, you will be required to have official scores sent directly from the testing agency to our office in order to validate your self-report submission.


Transcripts and Recommendations

We strongly encourage the submission of all required materials online so that you can be absolutely certain we have received them by the appropriate deadline. The most efficient and preferred way of submitting application materials is to have them sent electronically through the Common Application. Transcripts may also be sent via e-transcript vendors or directly from the issuing institution to Other application documents that cannot be sent through the Common Application can be sent to File size of attachments cannot exceed 10 MB.

Alternatively, application materials can be mailed to:

University of Michigan
Office of Undergraduate Admissions
1220 Student Activities Building
515 E. Jefferson St.
Ann Arbor, MI 48109-1316

You may monitor Enrollment Connect to verify receipt of your required materials. If you have your materials mailed, you may wish to have them sent through a mail service that will give you delivery confirmation or a receipt showing that U-M received it, but this is not required.

We are unable to accept faxed transcripts.

Transcripts must be sent directly from the issuing institution to our office in order to be considered official. In addition, documents not issued originally in English must be accompanied by an official English translation.

Was this helpful?
0 reviews
Print Article


Article ID: 7506
Thu 3/17/22 1:56 PM
Fri 9/15/23 2:46 PM