Enrollment Deposit (EDR) Extension or Waiver Request

I am unable to pay the $300 enrollment deposit (EDR) by the deadline. What should I do?

If you are unable to pay the $300 enrollment deposit (EDR) by the deadline, you must submit a written explanation of the circumstances preventing payment before the EDR deadline has passed via Enrollment Connect by clicking "Request EDR Waiver or Extension" under the Application menu.

If you are granted an extension, you will be notified of the new due date of your enrollment deposit. If you should need additional time beyond your first extension, you must submit an additional request to oua.edr.admin@umich.edu prior to your new deadline. Requests for the reason of waiting for a response from another college or university will not be granted.

EDR waivers will not be considered or granted until you have received a financial aid award. You will need to complete the financial aid application, including both the FAFSA and CSS Profile, to receive an award to be considered for an enrollment deposit waiver. Please see information regarding the financial aid application process on the New Undergraduates Financial Aid webpage. Admitted students who have not received a financial aid package prior to the enrollment deposit deadline should contact the Office of Financial Aid. If a package estimate is not available, admitted students can request an extension of the EDR deadline to receive and review the financial aid award before requesting a waiver. Additionally, the request must come from the admitted student directly. We cannot consider requests from parents, guardians, or school officials.

If you have any questions about the enrollment deposit extension or waiver request process, please contact the Office of Undergraduate Admissions at oua.edr.admin@umich.edu.

Was this helpful?
0 reviews
Print Article


Article ID: 7465
Thu 3/17/22 1:00 PM
Thu 1/4/24 2:30 PM