Paying the Nonrefundable Enrollment Deposit (EDR)

How do I pay my $300 Enrollment Deposit (EDR)?

Online ePayment - Credit Card, eCheck, and Wire Transfer Information

You may pay your $300 enrollment deposit (EDR) with a credit card or an electronic U.S. savings or checking payment as follows:

  • Log in to Enrollment Connect and select "Pay Enrollment Deposit" under the Action Items menu.
  • Enter your VISA, Mastercard, Discover, or American Express credit card number, or your U.S. savings or checking account routing number. The credit card or bank account that the funds are drawn from does not have to be in your name. Please note that the funds must be drawn on a U.S. bank or agency. Many foreign banks have a corresponding U.S. bank, in which case you can request the foreign bank to have a draft drawn on a U.S. bank in U.S. funds. We are unable to accept money market or home equity accounts for online payments.

To pay by wire transfer, please visit Flywire's website and follow the instructions on how to make a wire transfer payment to the University of Michigan - Ann Arbor.

The link to pay your enrollment deposit online will no longer be available after 11:59 p.m. (Eastern Time) on the date your payment is due. Any attempt to pay your EDR online after the system is closed will not be received. The enrollment deposit payment can only be paid online through Enrollment Connect as listed above or by Flywire's website. Payments made on other web pages are not valid and will not secure your place in our incoming class.

Mailing a Check or Money Order

If you would like to mail your enrollment deposit, please contact the Office of Undergraduate Admissions at for further instructions.

The EDR deadline is a postmarked date. Because of space limitations, deposits postmarked after the deadline may not be accepted and admission may be canceled. We strongly encourage the payment of your EDR online so that you can be absolutely certain we have received it by the appropriate deadline. No written notification of receipt of payment will be sent. The credit card charge or canceled check is the student's receipt. You may wish to send your payment through a mail service that will give you delivery confirmation or a receipt showing that U-M received it, but this is not required.

We are unable to accept cash payments.

The enrollment deposit is nonrefundable from the time it is submitted. Failure to enroll for the admitted term will result in forfeiture of the $300 deposit.

Dual-degree Admitted First-year Students: If you are admitted into both schools/colleges to which you have applied, you should pay only one $300 enrollment deposit. However, you will need to fill out a form on Enrollment Connect to accept or decline your admission to the second school/college.

If you are unable to pay the $300 enrollment deposit (EDR) by the deadline, you must submit a written explanation of the circumstances preventing payment before the EDR deadline has passed via Enrollment Connect by clicking "Request EDR Waiver or Extension" under the Application menu.

If you have questions about the EDR payment, extension, or waiver process, please email

Was this helpful?
0 reviews
Print Article


Article ID: 7464
Thu 3/17/22 12:58 PM
Thu 1/4/24 2:28 PM